Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Jack Johnson

This past Sunday some of my bloom girls (and some significant others) went to the Jack Johnson concert in the beautiful Camden, NJ. Joe had a ticket, but thought the concert was at 4pm instead of 7pm and decided he didn't want to make the trek back to NYC via public transportation at midnight. I was able to sell his ticket to a scalpor to make him $15 (even though it was $45). Better than nothing! We did have a lot of fun despite 95 degree temps (plus the nasty humidity) and the 8 million teeny boppers that were there.

We walked down to the water (the clean, beautiful Schulykill River) to cool off - at least there was a semi breeze here. Here are some of my old roomies/bffs: Sara, Erin, Ashley, and Laura


And here's the 5 of us girls tailgating/trying to snag up all the shade!


I had to pee so bad... so Sara and I walked to the port-a-potty where there were at least 50 women in front of us. One woman suggested we walked to the bar across the street and use their bathrooms - she said they were clean. The bar was actually nice (especially for being in scary Camden) - we were able to use the bathroom immediately and cool off for a few minutes in the AC!

Ashley & I -- we are practicing drinking a beer for her bachlorette party this weekend. You will have to stay posted next week to hear about that event! (It's in Atlantic City)



Teens everywhere we went! Could not believe how young some of these kids looked! Luckily this time, Erin did not see any of her students!




We got lawn seats - we were even lucky enough to find a spot to put out our blanket!





Fireworks by the Ben Franklin Bridge. I was trying to play w/my camera features and get a good picture, but this was all I managed to get and sadly it looks more like an explosion or something!



Erin - my date for the night! Still sweating in the dark!


Sara & her bf Steve


Laura & her fiance Rob - can't wait for their wedding next June :)


We were dying - this man had a pig puppet on his back and kept dancing with it!
It was a great concert - perfect for the summer!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Heather the Geography major realized that is the delaware river, not the schuykill.

    ReplyDelete