Friday, June 25, 2010

Touring Manhattan

On the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, we decided we wanted to tour Manhattan. Danielle had only been there once-- so we wanted to show her around. FYI- Tara lives up there; she lives in Queens (where Joe used to live). Our day started out with an iced coffee from DD, then a subway ride into the city. We had a lot of fun, despite the 90+ temperatures!


Danielle and Tara on the subway. Danielle was proud of herself for taking a subway and train ride in the same weekend!

We started out in Lower Manhattan (I believe) near where the World Trade Centers were... here is a shot of the construction.


Since it was hot, we thought it would be fun to go to the Southstreet Seaport. It sort of reminds me of Fisherman's Wharf in San Fransisco. There are a lot of shops, restaurants, etc.


Danielle posing w/the Brooklyn Bridge (and Brooklyn) in the background!



We thought it would be fun to take a water taxi ride around NYC. It was 30 mins, but awesome! They played good music and explained the sights we were seeing. We also saw they offer a happy hr water taxi ride - we may have to go back for this!



Cool pic of Joe being splashed by water..



Great shot of part of Manhattan (I believe this is still the lower end)



The water taxi took us by the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. It was neat to see this up close because I haven't been there since a field trip in elementary school!



Joe + Kris with Lady Liberty in the background



Our group with the statue. The boat stopped since it was a perfect photo opp!



Danielle & I in front of the cupcake truck. We didn't actually get cupcakes, but I thought it was funny they had a truck to sell cupcakes! (they can sell anything in New York!)


Can you tell we're a little toasty? It was about 100 degrees filled with stale air while waiting for the subway. I even resorted to using Joe's degree for men cause I was afraid my scent would scare people off!

After the seaport, we went into Times Square. One of our stops was Hershey World!



The girls in Toys R'Us posing w/baby fleet week outfits. Sadly, we did not go out in our annual red, white, and blue outfits this year. Going to NYC for Fleet Week/Memorial Day (all the sailors come in) has been a new tradition -- can't wait for 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment