Awhile ago, my Aunt Sue had asked me if I wanted to go to the Phillies/Cubs game on May 20 with Hap (my uncle) & Casey (his granddaughter/ my "adopted cousin" :). Of course I couldn't resist a chance to 1) see the phillies play, 2) an excuse to take a day off, and 3) pray that the Phillies would beat the Cubs. The whole situation ended up working out well because they had an extra ticket and Kevin ended up working in Philadelphia that week. The game was at 1pm and Kevin had training until noon then was able to take the subway over. Marissa (kevin's girlfriend) made us shirts to wear.. the front said Phillies and the back had 2 people talking and one person was saying "I'm sorry for bringing a Cubs fan" and the other one was saying "it's OK, they haven't had anything to make noise about since 1908.) We had a good time and of course the Phillies won, which made it even better. May I mention the game even started with Chase Utley hitting a homerun? (of course Hap to have a negative comment for that, haha).
Here are Casey and I. She was really cute the whole game asking questions/talking (just like me). This was her first Phillies game. She got a certificate and it reminded me of when baby O went!
Kevin & Casey. Casey wanted to sit in between us. (I mean, who wouldn't?) Too bad she is sporting her Cubs gear , haha.
Again, we had a great time & beautiful weather. We want to thank Aunt Sue & Hap for inviting us and the awesome seats! Unfortunately, we did not get a group picture-- Kevin & Hap are not into the photos like I am!
Bet there was a lot of trash talkin' at that game!
ReplyDeleteHaha you know it, I was very lucky the phillies won!
ReplyDeleteWe are really glad that it worked out for the 4 of you to go to the game together. From what I hear a great time was had by all!! Another great post, Kristin!! You must have learned from your CA cousins who are pros at posting!! Maybe we should try to make the Phillies/Cubs game an annual event?! We will have to look into it!! I am confused by the "trash talkin" reference -- who on earth would do that - haha!!
ReplyDelete