Sunday, May 16, 2010

Broad Street Run

In order to keep up w/the blog I am going to fast forward a month. During the month of April there was Joe's birthday, Phillies games, and not too much else! This brings us to Sunday May 2.. which was the day of the Broad Street Run. This is a 10 mile run that begins in North Philadelphia and ends at the Navy Yard (right passed the stadiums) in South Philadelphia. It just so happened to be a high of 90 & humid on this day... what better running conditions could you ask for? Joe picked me up at 5:30am so we could get down to the city and go on the subway. We met 2 of my friends in the parking lot and rode to the starting line together. This is a big race - this year it filled at 30,000 people! Unfortunately I could not take my camera with me, so I only have a few pictures from after the race.

We found one of my friends after the race and she took this picture. For some reason in every picture of me, my eyes were closed. I didn't feel too bad after the race- except for the sunburn and my feet! I finished in time of 1:39.41... my goal was to finish under 1:40 and to not stop and walk at all- so I was happy! I'd like to sign up for another race -- possibly Philadelphia 1/2 Rock N' Roll marathon in September. (maybe my CA cousins will join!)

Since we couldn't capture any shots during the race, Joe said he would reinact it so I could take a picture!

Here we are after the race in the parking lot. We sat here for about 45 mins waiting for the parking lot to clear - just chugging water & sitting!


And one more pic of Joe & I. You can notice we both have our sneakers off -- we needed to air our feet, haha! We decided this race will be a new yearly tradition!





3 comments:

  1. You both look great for just having run 10 miles in those conditions! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! Awesome job. :) What a cool tradition for you guys to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! We'll see if we really keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete