Last weekend I went to Hoboken to visit Joe for the weekend. Our big adventure for the weekend was the Bronx Zoo - which will get it's own post shortly. Other than that - we played Scrabble against each other on the computer, did some shopping, and experimented with a little bit of cooking. It was a nice and relaxing, fun weekend though!

Here I am once again outside Carlos' Bake Shop - the guy at the door was turning people away because it had just closed. I am a little upset because Joe has lived in Hoboken for almost a full year and I STILL have
not gone in/tasted anything from there! Partly b/c sometimes I am really trying to watch what I eat (haha) and most of the times b/c the line is wayyy too long. Hopefully one of these days I will get in there!

I wanted to try this new recipe I got from hungry girl. It's with laughing cow light bleu cheese (a new flavor).. it's called Hot & Cold Buffalo Chicken Salad - we actually made it the night before and ate it cold the next day. It's just chicken, the laughing cow, hot sauce, celery, & carrots. We put it on a bagel thin & took it to the zoo for lunch - it was great. I LOVE anything with hot sauce & will make this again. Please excuse my apperance in this pic -- I was sweating & it was also getting late!

A close up of the newest creation. Hope once I go back to work, I still try new things!

On Sunday, Joe had rented a zip car. He signed up for "zip car" and had free hours/credits, so he wanted to use it. We took a spin to Trader Joe's and the grocery store. Aunt Sue, I just noticed he once again is wearing your tee! (must have been a good purchase - you can't go wrong w/any Phillies tee!)

I had taken up some tomatoes and jalapenos from the garden and we decided to make some homemade salsa and homemade guacomole. Here is the salsa concoction in the pan - we added black beans and corn and put it over chicken.

We then threw it all over brown rice and added some of our guac and of course cheese & sour cream (healthy!!) to make a meal - it was another keeper!
Glad to see that the shirt was a hit -- now the pressure is on to get another great idea for a gift for this Christmas!! haha!! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun!!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good cooking -- everything looks good -- maybe a little too spicy "hot" for me -- but still looks good!!
I am going to try that hot & cold salad -- sounds really good! I'll have to use a different flavor cheese because Uncle Bill doesn't like bleu. Maybe I'll make two salads, one for him and one for me.
ReplyDeletehaha.. I will try to do something w/o spice!! I need to look for more recipes. Aunt Cindy - you'll have to let me know if you make. Hope you guys are packing for sisters week :)
ReplyDelete